Monday 19 July 2010

Sketch Challenge 6


Hello everyone....here comes my entry - I started with the 'wedge' and frilled this rich coloured ribbon around the edge...then made another smaller 'wedge' and frilled the see through gold-edged ribbon around it. Used this same ribbon to outline the other two edged as well. I embossed yet another 'wedge' with PTI embossing plate in Moroccan something or other. Unto this I pop dotted a circle - gold embossed -from Victorian Frippery and cut another circle out of the middle in which I set the hand made flower - the edges of the circles are brushed with Victorian Velvet (what else?) distress ink. Then made very small flowers in gold (23mm wide cut in two lengthwise) to add to keep somewhat in the sketch guidelines...I make no apology for only having three....it must be three or five....sorry Claire, 4 is not for me!!! I then used the Victorian alphabet for the sentiment. I will talk more about it on the Forum one day. Looking forward to seeing all the entries nearer the end of the week.

13 comments:

  1. absolutely lovely card. just so blown away by the ribbon work and your flowers. i think claire will forgive you for the odd numbers ;) and please please do run me through your victorian alphabet setting. eager to learn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous job with the ruffles, and love the image and the rose you made in the center! SUCH beautiful color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Joyce! what lovely ribbon treatment on this - love the ripples and the wonderful flowers you made - what a great card from this tricky sketch! thanks SO MUCH for playing with WMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Joyce this is so lovely! Love all the pink frilly prettiness of it, and the ribbon flowers are great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! This is absolutely beautiful!! Love the ruffles and frills...just so girly :) WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Joyce! You are a dab hand with ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I wish I could get my ribbon to look like that!! Such a gorgeous "wedge" as you put it!! Love the ruffly ribbon especially x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! It is so elegant. The ribbon roses and ruffle are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lovely Joyce - love all that ruffled ribbon - its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to thank you for your lovely comment on my blog Joyce - I have frozen some blackcurrants and will enjoy them over the winter months. We also have bullfinches in the garden but they are very shy and I've never been able to get a photo of one. And Swallows always look so sweet when they are gathered together don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi joyce
    first I wanted too thank you for your beautiful comment on my wedding card.

    this card is a beauty love that ribbon you have circular around.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this card, the frill is gorgeous and that is my favourite shade of pink!! Nope, the weather isn't great here either, I don't think we've had a dry day in nearly a month now!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a fun take on the sketch. To answer your question on my blog post about Susan's comment, she posted a link to the PTI sneak peek for All Booked Up, so it was probably 6 weeks ago or so, but it was her fault, she planted the seed and then I had to buy the set.

    ReplyDelete