Wednesday 8 December 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well folks I'm sorry I'm so lax at posting but it's that time of year again.
At this point I am glad to say that my card orders are up to date. I'm sure this is because we have had a lot of snow in Northern Ireland (can't get out much) followed by freezing nights - we even had -15 degrees last night which is VERY cold for this part of the world. (I can hear you laughing in the U.S. and Canada.) Needless to say we are never prepared for the snow...transport wise anyhow.....traffic just grinds to a halt. We haven't been much further than our supermarket and that was only when it was absolutely necessary. There have been lots of accidents, lots of folks falling and breaking limbs and indeed we had at least 3 deaths of elderly folks falling in their gardens and dying of hypothermia....very sad. At the moment there is an ongoing dispute between governing bodies as to who should be responsible for gritting the pavements (sidewalk)....they cannot agree and while they are arguing people are falling. Even in town it is not now politically correct for businesses to clean their own footpath outside their premises...apparently they can be liable if anyone should claim....the world has gone mad, hasn't it!
Sorry I haven't any pictures for you....it seems that when I completed cards recently they were collected before I could get bright enough daylight to photograph them. Glad to say I have all my own cards posted today...what a long visit to the Post Office squelching through the slush at the side of the road.
Hope you are all well on with your Christmas arrangements! Take care.

2 comments:

  1. Stay safe. I'm not laughing, just grateful that we don't have it that bad here in southern Nevada. We understand about the ridiculous political arguments. I used to live where it was icy a lot and many folks wore their golf shoes. The spikes seemed to help keep them from falling. Be happy that you have a comfortable home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce. Thank you for your lovely comment. I really appreciate it. I'm taking a break from work knitting when I'm in Norway but I'll still knit all the time. I just enjoy it too much. LOL.

    ReplyDelete