Friday 25 March 2011

I am working......


Hello folks....we have had a wonderful spell of weather here in Northern Ireland...some days the temperatures were 17, 18 and even 20 degrees...however one still has to work....today I'm including a photo of a piece from Corinthians which I am at present working on for a customer....it is very detailed.
When I do have a minute I am knitting a waistcoat/vest in Noro - watercolour personified...every stitch is so colourful, whether dull or bright...with little shots of brilliant silk colours among the duller ones. This also reminds us that those dull areas could represent the times in our lives when things were not so pleasant but they are overtaken by the good times when things went well and brightened our lives. I've knit this kind of yarn before and loved it...I actually bought it many years ago in America when it was unheard of over here. It is expensive but so satisfying to work with.
Take care! Hope wherever you are (except Aussieland where it's Autumn!) you are experiencing better weather with the prospect of sunshine to come.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful bit of calligraphy! I'd love to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Joyce amazed to find a fellow calligrapher, who also does cards!! thanks for popping over to my blog and I am not following yours.. yes! the title piece at the top of my page is one I have done..about five or six times different colours and methods. This one is for my best friend and I see it when I go to her house at the front door.
    I have my very first post on it, as it was in my blog title so used it for my first post last November when I began my blog. I am getting a another calligraphy post ready for posting at present as I try and do one every three weeks at the most..I adore this piece on I Cor. 13 .. never done it but on my list.. I generally do to order..as it sounds you do and have enough order to worry about at present..from an autumnal Aussie land!
    Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops meant NOW following .. my typos are appalling ... sorry.. and meant to put a link to first post too
    here http://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-title-real-values-what-shall-it.html

    if you look on labels for illuminated calligraphy tab you will bring up all my calligraphy posts..
    Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your calligraphy is fabulous! I love the piece you are knitting. The yarn is gorgeous. I am a knitter wannabe. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful calligraphy, it looks very detailed! Thanks for the tip on using the butterfly die. We're enjoying the lovely weather too, I don't think it'll last much longer though!!

    ReplyDelete