Monday 4 April 2011

A little more calligraphy.....


Some years ago I created this piece of calligraphy to record our granchildren's names and dates of birth. I will be totally honest and say that I have used a layout previously written by Lorna Bambury, sadly now passed on. Lorna had written her grandchildren's names like this only much better than I did of course. I thought it was such a great idea I wanted to do one too. My gilding is nothing like hers but I didn't want to post it without giving her the credit. She was wonderful at gilding....I once had the honour of sitting beside her when CLAS had a regional day in Dublin....there was also an exhibition of calligraphy and I came away from that totally 'drunk' with letters, colour and layouts...augh, it was just wonderful to be among like-minded folk. A once in a lifetime experience for me.
I regret that the photo is not so good - out of focus but as you know I'm challenged in that department!

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely there Joyce and love the gold work there too.. with pickies try to take while un-glassed if you can,I usually cane as use cheap frames and just order mats in colours to match...and see if your camera has a macro setting as this is the one I use for my pickies too..closer is better..maybe it may help love it anyway, and thanks for sharing!
    Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaz...I did say I was camera challenged....my dear girl I don't even know what 'macro' is or means LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete